ICETAS 2018 provides IEEE Student Grant(STG) support in the form of conference registration fee and accommodation
Please submit a single PDF with the following information: Name and contact information Major/Degree Program and School Amount requested (receipts due at the conference) Personal Statement (no longer than 1 page) addressing the following: – Why are you applying for travel assistance to ICETAS 2018? – What is your current academic status? – What are your career goals? – What is(are) your interest(s) in ICETAS 2018 practice and/or research? – Are you an IEEE member? Which divisions or societies? A recommendation supporting your application, no longer than 1 page, must be sent separately by your advisor, professor, or other mentors at conference general chair account. This program is open to undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines with preference given first to student authors who are IEEE members and then to applicants from Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
- The applicant may be of any nationality and must be an author (co-author) of an accepted paper.
- The applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application.
- The applicant must be a student member of the IEEE when submitting the application.
- The applicant must not have received an IEEE STG in the last 12-month period when submitting the application, and must not receive any other grants for attending the conference.
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student must show the proof of having registered to attend the conference.
- A student who is awarded an IEEE STG must register, attend the conference, and present the paper. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the STG award.